This Blog is about Life! My home is FULL to the brim. With four boys, two girls, a husband with a business to run and a little yappy dog you can expect five things when reading:

1. Laughter ~ I personally love to laugh, I love to find humor in all facets of our life. Even the tough spots.

2. Funny antidotes on family life with six children ~ Including recipes ( creating tasty fare with whole foods is a passion of mine), gardening (or my attempts at a productice organic garden) and tips on how to tame the natives. ;o)

3. Informtaion on Health and Wellness.~ My husbands journey towards better heath through the mires of a puzzling auto immune disorder. How our family embraced a new life style to support his health. And hopefully offer hope to the other 23.5 million americans suffering with auto immune disease...or at least 5 or 6 who may stumble upon this blog.

4. Organic. ~ Anything and everything. LOL I know I have annoyed friends, bugged relatives and puzzled acquaintances with my passion for treating our bodies as God intended. I strive to share with others the benefits and that it IS possible for the average family to live an organic lifestyle.

5. Spirtual insights into daily life, suffering and the natural order. I truly believe when we nuture our whole person, mind, body and spirit we can find true and lasting peace. (Even in a home filled to the brim with 6 busy children!)

Monday, January 23, 2012

The first days of being a herbivore....

  Day Five, Raw Vegan, 6:30 am.I would LOVE a bowl of Cheerio's and milk, and not a green juice. How do I feel? Loads of energy, and bogged down at the same time. Every time you sacrifice a desire for a greater good, you mourn the loss, and are tempted to quit and go back to the comfortable way you were used to, but for me this is more of a spiritual fast of sorts. I desire so much for my husband to have his life back--to see him vital and strong and free of the powerful drugs that mire him down. I desire this so much, and I take seriously the fact that we are bound as one in marriage. As his body heals, I want to offer up those little sufferings (this morning, cereal) as a prayer, an abandonment to God, that I trust my husband will be well again.
  As I stood next to Ryan at the juicer, putting in kale, greens of all colors, fruits, whatever God designed, I saw pouring from the spout the most beautiful colors, the vibrancy of life. Everything we are eating is "raw", or just as it is found in nature. We may chop it or squeeze the juice out of it, but we don't heat it or alter the vital nutrients present in each food. As I blended up a morning smoothie watching that rainbow of nutrients swirl together, I was reminded of what my son Levi innocently said the first time he saw the juicer, "Mommy, it looks like your making medicine." I actually got choked up, and thought, "Well it's God's perfect medicine for Daddy." You know, even if this doesn't heal him, he sure feels a hell of a lot better after only five days, and I am certain that through this fast, whether or not our bodies are transformed, I am sure our spirits will be. After all, there is nothing worse than a broken Spirit; not even a broken body.

No comments:

Post a Comment