This Blog is about Life! My home is FULL to the brim. With four boys, two girls, a husband with a business to run and a little yappy dog you can expect five things when reading:

1. Laughter ~ I personally love to laugh, I love to find humor in all facets of our life. Even the tough spots.

2. Funny antidotes on family life with six children ~ Including recipes ( creating tasty fare with whole foods is a passion of mine), gardening (or my attempts at a productice organic garden) and tips on how to tame the natives. ;o)

3. Informtaion on Health and Wellness.~ My husbands journey towards better heath through the mires of a puzzling auto immune disorder. How our family embraced a new life style to support his health. And hopefully offer hope to the other 23.5 million americans suffering with auto immune disease...or at least 5 or 6 who may stumble upon this blog.

4. Organic. ~ Anything and everything. LOL I know I have annoyed friends, bugged relatives and puzzled acquaintances with my passion for treating our bodies as God intended. I strive to share with others the benefits and that it IS possible for the average family to live an organic lifestyle.

5. Spirtual insights into daily life, suffering and the natural order. I truly believe when we nuture our whole person, mind, body and spirit we can find true and lasting peace. (Even in a home filled to the brim with 6 busy children!)

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dorothy and the Tin man....

    We have all seen the wizard of OZ, we conjure up images of tin men and a pre-teen awkward girl in red high heels. I am certain that was the entertaining scene the ice fishermen got last night when they watched Ryan and I attempt a kettle bell workout. (We have huge picture windows, and our home is very visible from the lake at night.) I felt so uncoordinated it was like I was actually working out in red high heels, and my husband's joints so stiff he looked something like a 6'2 tin man. Oh how I wish I could click those heels and fast forward to months from now when our bodies have acclimated to the new demands we are placing on them. For now we will suffer though, knowing the reward of good health, strength, and well being is on the way. For now, I will have to keep my grunts, groans, and whines to a minimum. Judging from Levi's response as I stumbled upstairs and poured my jello body in the the lounge chair, "oh no mommy are you ok, are you hurt, poor mommy." I may have frightened them. Oy Vey, only 8 more hours and I get to strap on those not so magic heels again, and I'll do it with a smile on!

1 comment:

  1. We've found weight training makes you stiff the first few times but in two weeks or less that stops & you get to enjoy the feeling of being stronger. Weight lifting for me is my base analogy for life and change. At first you feel akward, you may truly hurt. Soon enough you will be stronger and graceful. If change was easy,everyone would live a perfect life.

    ReplyDelete