This Blog is about Life! My home is FULL to the brim. With four boys, two girls, a husband with a business to run and a little yappy dog you can expect five things when reading:

1. Laughter ~ I personally love to laugh, I love to find humor in all facets of our life. Even the tough spots.

2. Funny antidotes on family life with six children ~ Including recipes ( creating tasty fare with whole foods is a passion of mine), gardening (or my attempts at a productice organic garden) and tips on how to tame the natives. ;o)

3. Informtaion on Health and Wellness.~ My husbands journey towards better heath through the mires of a puzzling auto immune disorder. How our family embraced a new life style to support his health. And hopefully offer hope to the other 23.5 million americans suffering with auto immune disease...or at least 5 or 6 who may stumble upon this blog.

4. Organic. ~ Anything and everything. LOL I know I have annoyed friends, bugged relatives and puzzled acquaintances with my passion for treating our bodies as God intended. I strive to share with others the benefits and that it IS possible for the average family to live an organic lifestyle.

5. Spirtual insights into daily life, suffering and the natural order. I truly believe when we nuture our whole person, mind, body and spirit we can find true and lasting peace. (Even in a home filled to the brim with 6 busy children!)

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Its fun to baffle doctors. :o)

    This past week Ryan went to the his Rheumatologist at the University of Minnesota. To say the least Doctor Molitor was stunned at Ryan’s improvements. In December Ryan’s kidney was functioning at only 30%, the invasive surgery he underwent to save his kidney had not worked as they hoped. NOW the radiologist report reads, “little to no visible signs of blockage.” “Right kidney is near 100% functional.” Every three months Ryan does a myriad of blood work. They check many things, including inflammation markers. At his visit this last week Ryan had no noticeable inflammation markers present in his blood. Ryan was on 30mg of prednisone in December (and for nearly three years prior), he is now taking 12.5mg!! Dr. Molitor stated that he will be suggesting this diet to another patient he has who suffers from the same rare condition as Ryan. Dr. Molitor said there is no possible way doing such a dietary change could harm your health or cause progression in disease. The secondary effects of his nutritional therapy is the succession of drug side effects, the loss of over 20lbs, the succession of heartburn, snoring, constant fatigue and nausea. In return he gets loads of energy along with physical and mental stamina. More than he has had in years. The swelling in and around his face is receding. I can see both eyes again, his left was almost swollen shut in December.
     All this healing, on a diet of HEALTHY saturated fats, Organic fruits and vegetables, and lots and lots of nuts and seeds. You would be amazed at the delicious things you can create with these basic foods. We enjoy flax/seed chips I make in the dehydrator. We add fresh coconut and coconut oil to smoothies, hemp oil and hemp seed to salads and dressings.  I actually made "sour cream" in my blender out of fresh coconut, cashews and lime juice.  It honestly tasted exactly like sour cream.  When we do go out to eat and enjoy a restaurant dinner, we aren’t even able to finish half the portions given to us. 
    
     It was funny that Ryan's appointment was this week.  I had spent the past two weeks feeling frustrated that I was stuck at -12lbs and finding/making time to work out wasn't happening on a regular basis. How can I preach the natural heath gospel if I don't look the part, my own pride was clouding the vision. Ryan's baffling the doctors reminded me of the big picture.  It doesn't matter if I'm a size 10 by summer, it matters that my husband has his life back, we have our youth back. We also as a couple recording this journey, have an opportunity to offer hope and support to others suffering helplessly from rare and chronic disease.  After posting an update on an online support network for people with Ryan's condition I received 4 requests for more information.  Knowing that this way of eating/living could help others is gift enough.  And although I would like to see this same darn 30lbs I have fought off after the last two pregnancies come off faster.  I suspect that this slower weight loss and detox for me will be sustained for a long time.  God did humble me this week he but also blessed my slightly smaller buns into a size 12 comfortably.  :o)
 
    For anyone suffering or feeling afraid and confused by their chronic disease or their loved one’s chronic disease please research nutritional therapy. And for anyone out there who is seeking more vitality, and vigor, and improved immune system and who wants to cut their dependence on Caffeine consider nutritional therapy.
Here are some good places to start:
*Maximized Living (a book and supplement program that many chiropractors advocate for.) Look them up online, the information provided in their relatively small and easy to read book explains a lot of the nutritional principles behind eating to heal.
*Clean~ By Alejandro Junger, MD : A great book to start with, it offers a three week cleanse that is very similar to the way Ryan eats day to day. Especially good if you are dealing with inflammation.

1 comment:

  1. It brought tears to my eyes. I am so excited and happy for you. Not everyone is healed of health issues but most should be. We need doctors for certain things but most don't understand what we are talking about. They are so brain washed. We do see more and more medical doctors going to the natural------after all isn't that what God provided for us. Perhaps you could list of the cook books you use. People look at Al and I as if we don't know what we are talking about. After all we aren't in the medical field!!!!! What dehydrator do you use?
    God bless,
    Pat Elsenpeter

    ReplyDelete